Who We Are
About Heartland Media Foundation
About the Heartland Media Foundation
The Heartland Media Foundation is dedicated to helping youth navigate the challenges of growing up in an increasingly complicated world dominated by mass media and the 24/7 digital culture. It actively promotes the development of social emotional skills, character and positive values though it video programs and the work of Michael Pritchard — with a special focus on preventing bullying and cyber-bullying. It has also provided the underwriting for two national Public Televisions series.
If you would like to support our work, please consider making a donation (see below)..
We also actively pursue partnerships with the business community, foundations and other non-profit organizations to provide guidance programs for the nation’s youth. In the past, we have received support from See’s Candies, Wells Fargo Bank and have recently received generous grants from Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro, LLP, Pearson Simon Warshaw & Penny, LLP , The Rossbacher Firm and Wilentz Goldman & Spitzer, P.A.
There are a number of ways your corporation or organization can help and we would love to explore them with you. A few areas of work include:
- Underwriting production costs and broadcasts of our ongoing video projects.
- Donation of programs to low-income communities and schools.
- Providing speaking and travel fees for Michael Pritchard to visit schools, non-profit and community organizations around the country
The Heartland Media Foundation was founded in 2001 by Jim Watson, Jack Boland of Baker Street Advertising and Mary Buttler, former Assistant Superintendent of Marin County Schools and currently working as educator in the East Bay of San Francisco.
Its mission statement outlines two areas of work in particular:
- Video Program Production and Print Curriculum. The Heartland Media Foundation has devoted a significant portion of its time and resources to the production of video programs and print curriculum for use in schools, health and community organizations and presented for broadcast on Public Television.
- Educational and Professional Development Presentations. The Foundation has organized and funded public appearances by social-emotional guidance specialists at educational health and community-service organizations in order to further promote skill development.
The Heartland Media Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization and donations to it are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Our IRS Letter of Determination of 501(c)(3) status is available upon request.
Over the years, we have received the support of many individuals who value our work. If you are interested in donating, please contact:
Jim Watson, Director
Heartland Media Foundation
4104 24th Street, #128
San Francisco, CA 94114
voice: 415-642-5828, fax: 415-642-5838
Or toll-free at 888-81-YOUTH (888-819-6884)
We are hoping to soon accept credit card and PayPal donations. In the meantime, the old-fashioned method of writing a check still works. Our IRS Letter of Determination of 501(c)(3) status is available upon request.